Tuesday, 19 May 2015

How to get a great nights sleep

0
I have written a little bit in the past about how important it is to get a good nights sleep but I never really laid out a plan for the best way to get a good nights sleep so I thought that i would do that now.
First of all I believe that it is important to get enough sleep. I know that we all hear about, and sometimes even meet people that can get by just fine on four hours sleep.
The people at the other end of the spectrum that need 11 hours sleep are never going to admit it because they will be looked at as being lazy no matter how unfair that is.

How much sleep do you need?

So to get a good nights sleep firstly it is important to analyze exactly how much sleep that you get on average during a week. I am not talking about how much time that we spend in bed, or how we were tired one day but caught up the next, no really we need to just look from Monday to Monday, see how much sleep we tend to get and break it down from there.
sleep tips
Most people have an alarm that wakes them up on Monday to Friday, and then maybe go to bed late Friday and Saturday which inevitably leads to sleeping in on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
To be fair in this regard I wake up by myself around 6:30 every morning and maybe 30 minutes or so later on the weekends as I have a job that allows me to start anytime I would like between 6:30 and 8:30, of course the kids would get me up if I slept in on the weekend and I do not want that.

What can hurt your sleep?

There are a multitude of sleep breaking habits that many of us have. First of all make sure that you are not consuming anything that will really hurt your sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment